This is a truly rare professional communications receiver designed and built by Racal Communications. The RA 6793A-6 receiver covers 500Hz - 30MHz and features scanning of up to 100 pre-programmed memory channels, 3 speed tuning rate with 1Hz tuning resolution. It features a "real" (not membrane) keypad for data entry, scan, carrier operated relay, variable AGC, plus many other features including extensive built-in self test, and a large clear liquid crystal alpha-numeric display.
This particular variant of the RA 6793A the (-6) is designed as a super high reliability hf SSB/ISB mil-spec receiver with conformal coated boards inside to inhibit corrosion. The antenna input connector and external frequency standard inputs are TNC type. This radio has the ISB option installed. Battery looks great, displays are sharp and crisp and everything is working perfectly. I've included some internal photos to give you an idea of how it really looks inside. It's very very nice to say the least.
- Features the Z80 microprocessor board
- Frequency selection from the keypad, rotary tuning control, or 100 preset memory channels.
- Built-in test (BIT) for fault isolation to card/ module or functional circuit level.
- Five selectable bandwidths plus U/LSB.
- Remote control interface (RS-232).
- Voice squelch with front panel adjustable threshold.
- TCXO frequency standard.