TERMS & CONDITIONS
Credit Card Payments: We can process VISA and MasterCard payments in USD, but for Amex we have to convert US$ to CDN$.
- THE DEFAULT PRICE IS U.S. DOLLARS, FOR CANADIAN DOLLARS CLICK THE FLAG AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE.
- ALL ORDERS MUST BE PREPAID BY GUARANTEED INSTRUMENT: *WE ACCEPT CERTIFIED CHECK, VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS, BANK DRAFT, WESTERN UNION, PAYPAL or ** WIRE TRANSFER.
* We reserve the right to exclude certain methods of payment for particular orders.
** Wire Transfers may be subject to wire fees
(please do NOT send credit card information via e-mail, as it is not secure)
- PURCHASER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR FOR PAYING ANY INBOUND FEES SUCH AS, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, APPLICABLE TAXES, DUTIES OR CUSTOMS FEES .
- THE PURCHASER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYMENT OF ANY PRODUCT IMPROVEMENTS OR CALIBRATION EXECUTED AFTER AN ORDER HAS BEEN PLACED.
- U.S. ORDERS FOR ITEMS(s) TOTALING OVER $800.00: If shipping method is Courier or Freight, the U.S. government requires either an EIN # / Federal Tax ID number / TIN # or SSN # for the Customs Clearance Documents. THIS INFORMATION IS ONLY PROVIDED TO THE U.S. CUSTOMS BORDER & PROTECTION SERVICE.
- U.S. ORDERS OF COMMUNICATIONS DEVICES (RECEIVERS, TRANSMITTERS) WHICH ARE GREATER THAN $200.00 ARE SUBJECT TO A $7.50 FCC FEE
- U.S. ORDERS FOR ITEMS(s) TOTALING OVER $800.00: If shipping method is Courier or Freight, the shipping price also includes the outbound Customs Broker Fee.
Due to Amex's higher merchant rates, for Amex orders over $2000.00 we charge a 1.5% Amex processing fee. For Amex refunds, the hold-back amount is 3.5%. For the conversion from US to CAD, we use the exchange rate of the day, rounded up to the nearest 100th. This rate may vary from your credit card company's rate, depending on when they actually process the payment on your account and what their mark-up rates are. American Express (AMEX) is also more likely to assess international processing fees.
Please check your cardholder agreement for further details.
Back to Top
- PURCHASER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR SHIPPING EXPENSES
(please call us if you need a quote for shipping or further information)
- SHIPPING (including insurance) WILL BE ARRANGED BY TORONTO SURPLUS & SCIENTIFIC, INC AND PREPAID BY THE CUSTOMER. Standard shipping is by FedEx, UPS or Post/Mail insured, and traceable. If you request a service that is under-insured or not traceable, you agree to accept full responsibility in the event the item is lost or damaged since we will not be able to submit a claim on your behalf.
- PACKAGING: For Standard Shipments, Packing is included in the cost of the item.
For Non-Standard Shipments, we may ship by Freight, and Crating charges may apply. We will advise you when you request your quote.
- DAMAGED SHIPMENTS: In case of shipping damage, it is the customer's responsibility to contact the carrier promptly and make a claim. The customer should inspect the shipping container on arrival and note any evidence of damage on the freight receipt. If concealed damage is found after the the container is opened, the customer should make a report and file a claim with the carrier at once. Note: Toronto Surplus and Scientific, Inc. insures all shipments for the full cost of the merchandise except in the case of Parcel Post which is non-insurable. ALL SHIPPING MATERIALS SHOULD BE RETAINED FOR THE PURPOSE OF INSPECTION.
Back to Top
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
- ALL PRICES ARE IN U.S. FUNDS.
- MINIMUM ORDER $25.00 USD BEFORE SHIPPING (If you do not wish to increase qty ordered, we can add a handling fee equal to the amount required to meet the $25.00 minimum).
- QUOTATIONS ARE VALID FOR A MAXIMUM OF 14 DAYS
- ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO PRIOR SALE.
Back to Top
STANDARDS & WARRANTY INFORMATION
At Toronto Surplus, if you see an item on our website, we have it in stock. This means that unlike other companies, you don't have to wait days or weeks for us to source it for you, it IS in our warehouse. **
Toronto Surplus & Scientific Inc. (TS&S) uses only qualified, experienced technicians to test and service it's refurbished and repaired items to exceptionally high standards.
TS&S’ prices include testing and servicing prior to shipment, unless otherwise advised, however if you require Certified Calibration we send equipment to a recognized Calibration Lab. There is an additional charge for this service. Calibration is available with Certification only or Certification & Cal Data (extra charge).
TS&S sells an extensive variety of goods that may be new, or used. Equipment is sold in Refurbished, New, or Used As-Is condition. If it is New &/or BNIB&/or NOS it says it in the title of the ad. At our discretion, we offer either a Limited Warranty (see sample below) or a 5-day R.O.R. (right of return) period, excluding shipping. Items sold As-Is have no warranty or R.O.R.
When placing an order we will advise you as to whether or not your specific purchase qualifies for the Limited Warranty &/or a 5 day R.O.R.
** We do our best to keep the website current, but every once in a while there is an item that just refuses to leave our pages. When we discover these rascals, we remove them immediately.
Back to Top
THE LIMITED WARRANTY BELOW IS A SAMPLE ONLY
Back to Top